- Oct 8th 2018: The Ordinary's founder announces all stores closing. Simpleza offers Ordinary customers any serum for $5.
ABOUT THIS ITEM
- Oct 11th, 2018: Greatist talks Castor Oil and naturally growing lashes
- Sept 6th, 2018: Womens Health Magazine shares how to heal damaged eyelashes
- May 17th, 2018: Elle shares everything you need to know about Castor Oil
Promote Longer Lash Growth Without Extensions?
Castor oil has been shown to induce brown and lash hair growth, either through direct application or by mixing aloe vera with it and applying it to lashes at night. This combination stimulates hair growth and makes the lashes dense, which makes them appear thicker.
If you're looking to ditch the fake eyelashes and eyelash extensions, there are several methods for making eyelashes grow.
Castor, like many other natural oils, will act to trap moisture in the hair, smoothing the cuticle. This makes it the perfect ingredient for those with excessively frizzy, coarse or curly hair, as it typically lacks moisture.
Its moisturising properties will also significantly help surface shine.
Castor oil also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so it's also good for scalp maintenance and balance. As well as this, it could play a part in improving blood flow and blood circulation in and at the scalp, and healthy scalp = healthy hair.
Thick and rich, Earth's Care Castor Oil can be diluted with other carrier oils or used in pure form.
A day before your first eyelash treatment, swatch a small amount of the oil on another part of your skin, like your arm. If you don’t develop any skin irritation, the oil should be safe for use on your eyelashes.
The best time to treat your eyelashes is before you go to bed. To treat your eyelashes with castor oil:
- make sure your eyelashes are clean and completely free of makeup
- pick up a small amount of castor oil by dipping a cotton swab gently into the oil
- delicately run the cotton swab along the top of your lash line, taking great care to not allow any of the oil into your eye (oil that gets in your eye could be extremely irritating and should be washed out immediately with water)
- wash off the castor oil in the morning with water or makeup remover
Apply as needed to rough or dry areas on the skin needing intense moisture. For the hair, apply as desired to scalp or add a few drops to shampoo before washing.
What is Castor Oil and Where Does it Come From?
Castor oil is obtained by the crushing and pressing of castor seeds. It is an essential amino acid (Ricinoleic Acid) and is rich in Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids Years ago, kids growing up would have probably had a spoonful or two of castor oil when they didn't feel well - but it actually has amazing properties for hair!
Will Castor Oil Make Hair Grow Faster?
If you have difficulty growing your hair long due to the hair breaking when it reaches a certain length, applying something like castor oil to improve the condition may allow the hair to grow longer without snapping.
There is evidence that ricinoleic acid, a chemical compound that makes up almost 90 percent of castor oil, might help reverse hair loss. A study found that the protein prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is present in high levels on men who have male pattern baldness, and is one of the factors that kept the subjects of the study from growing their hair back.
Another study found that ricinoleic acid may help inhibit PGD2 and potentially help scalp hair grow back.